Quick Start Guide for E-Songbook
1. Press the right-arrow button in the lower right corner of the lyrics screen.
2. Press the audio button at the top of the lyrics screen to unmute. The volume level will be set to 50% by default.
This is the E-Songbook home page which emulate the JB-199 IV. If a song is playing currently in the JB-199 IV, it will also play in the E-Songbook with the lyrics showing. In this example, the E-Songbook is shown without a song playing in the JB-199 IV.
3. Press the hamberger menu button on the top left corner of the lyrics screen. The following menu will appear. Click on the Title.
4. A song list will appear. You can scroll, sort, or search by title or artist for a song.
After finding a song, there are two way to proceed. First is to reserve and play the song for everyone. The song will play concurrently in the JB-199 IV and all the smartphones connected. Second is to preview the song for yourself only. The song will play in your smartphone but not in the JB-199 IV or any other E-Songbooks.
5. To reserve the song for the JB-199 IV, press the Index or the Title of the song and the Reserve window will pop up. Input the guest name, set the pitch, and set the tempo. Or skip them to go directly to press Queue button to reserve the song.
6. After successfully reserving a song, the screen will return to the song list. Press the back arrow button in the upper left section.
7. The screen will return to the home page. Press the Play button below the lyrics screen.
8. The song will begin playing and the lyrics will show in the lyrics screen.
Use the Stop, Pause, Restart, and Next buttons to control the song. You can also change the Pitch, Tempo, and Voice channel.
TROUBLESHOOTING: Depending on the OS version, your smartphone may show the lyrics but not play the audio. This is likely due to the streaming format H264 not being supported. Follow the steps below to change the streaming format from H264 to MJPEG.
T1. Stop the song in play and return to the home page.
T2. Press the Setting button at the upper right corner of the lyrics screen. A menu window will pop up.
T3. Press the 'Stream: H264' option in the menu. The home page will reset itself back to the initial page.
T4. Press the right arrow button in the lower right corner of the lyrics screen, and press the audio button at the top of the lyrics screen to unmute. Now we are back to the home page.
You may confirm the 'Stream : MJPEG' format by pressing the Setting button at the top right corner of the lyrics screen. Press the Setting button again to close the menu..
9. To preview a song, press the hamberger button followed by the Title button for the song list. Then press the monitor icon on the far right side of a selected song.
A separate lyrics screen will pop up showing the Loading and Decoding messages.
The song will then play for the first 45 seconds. The play is deemed 'in private' as the it will not appear in the JB-199 IV or any other E-Songbooks.
For more details and descriptions of the E-Songbook features, go to the JB-199 IV User Manual.