JB-199 III Premier
PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT
When the program PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT which was fully activated or installed in your karaoke player has reverted to Demo mode, follow the steps below to recover the program to the full mode.
1. Connect your PC or laptop to the Internet.
2. Close and restart the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program.
3. The PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program will now begin in the full mode, without the Demo notice. If not, repeat the steps of closing and restarting the program.
4. Next the program will need to be reset once it is recovered to the full mode. In the Control Panel, go to Help > Online Upgrade. Follow the screen instruction to upgrade the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program to the latest version.
5. After the upgrade, the program will automatically restart. Go to Tools > Setting in the Control Panel and check the options you wish. Click OK when done.
6. Go to the bottom left section of the Control Panel and highlight “My Server”. Go to the bottom right and press the “Load” button. Open the “Master Playlist” or “Master Library” whichever is your latest playlist.
7. Next press the “X” mark at the top right in the Control Panel. It will close the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program. Restart the program and all the setting changes will be saved.
E-Songbook receives the song list from the connected karaoke player. And if “My Server” in the karaoke player is empty (not loaded with a song list), E-Songbook will receive nothing and will show nothing under Title, Artist, or Index buttons.
Go to the Control Panel of the karaoke player. In the bottom left section, highlight “My Server”. The currently loaded song list will appear on the bottom right section. And because it is empty, the bottom right section will be empty.
Next in the bottom right section and click on the “Load” button to load a song list. Select a song list which is likely “Master Playlist” or “Master Library”.
After loading the song list, click on the X mark at the top right corner to close the karaoke program. Power down the karaoke player. Restart the player and the karaoke program will start with the “My Server” loaded. Test the E-Songbook for proper operation.
Above instruction is assuming that the E-Songbook is properly connected to the karaoke player via Wi-Fi.
Also if the song list you are loading into “My Server” is named other than “Master Playlist”, consider renaming the song list as “Master Playlist” and loading it as “Master Playlist” into “My Server”. This is because the karaoke program, when “My Server” is empty, is designed to automatically look for “Master Playlist” and load it into “My Server”.
To transfer the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program from one computer to another, please follow the instruction below.
1. In the old computer, start the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program. In the Control Panel, go to Help > About. Take a screenshot of the popup window About WinPlayCDG. Email to email@example.com the screenshot.
2. From the old computer, copy the folders
Documents > PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT > Playlist
We are assuming that the D:\Karaoke Songs folder contains all your song files. If there are more, copy all folders containing the song files.
3. Upon receiving the screenshot, we will void the program license in your old computer. At the same time, we will send you new ID and Password and WinKeygen.exe program to activate the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program in your new computer.
4. In the new computer, install the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT demo program following the instruction given at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idBp2KkQ3pw
Use the Winkeygen.exe program and the new ID and Password to activate the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT demo program to the full mode.
5. Next connect the external memory device to your new computer and copy the folders of playlists and song files to exactly the same positions as they were in the old computer.
For example, the folder copied from the Documents > PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT > Playlist of the old computer will go to the Documents > PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT > Playlist of the new computer.
The folder copied from D:\Karaoke Songs of the old computer will go to D:\Karaoke Songs of the new computer.
Note that for the existing folders with same names in the new computer, you will need to delete/remove them prior to copying the folders from the external memory device.
6.Having installed and activated the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program and having copied the playlists and song files in the new computer, you are now ready to start using the new computer.
Start the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program. In the Control Panel, go to My Server and load the Master Playlist (or the playlist that was loaded before in the old computer). Try playing some songs in the playlist to check the success of the transfer.
When the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program goes into the demo mode, and regardless of the internet connection does not recover back to the full mode, one can try to reset the Windows Registry of the program as follows:
- Close the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program.
- At the Windows desktop, click on Start and type in “Regedit” followed by Enter into the Search Programs and Files field.
- You will be asked ” Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?”. Click “Yes”.
- A pop up window of Registry Editor will appear. Double click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Double click on “Software”. Right click on “CAVS Multimedia Inc.” Select “Delete”.
- You will be asked “Are you sure …” Click “Yes”.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Start the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT.
- You wll be asked “Do you want to allow …”. Click “Yes”.
- You will be next asked “Do you wish to recover your productkeyfor PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT?”. Click “Yes”.
- You will be asked “Please check your internet connection to update the online status.” Confirm that you computer has internet connection and click “OK”.
- The PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program will start. Click on the Help button at the top left corner and select Online Upgrade.
- Follow the instruction to upgrade to the latest version of the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program.
- Having recovered from the demo mode, you need to reset the program into your original setting. For the E-Songbooks and 3D Customer Interface, go to Tools > Setting at the top left corner and select your options. You should also load your song list, most likely the Master Playlist, into “My Server” that is found on the lower left section of the program sections. Once the program is back in its original setting, closed the program by pressing the X mark on the top right corner. All settinbgs will be remembered for future boot ups.