CAVS 205G USB
My microphone is connected to the 205G USB player using MIC 1 or MIC 2 jack in the front panel. The AV output of the 205G USB player is connected to a TV using HDMI or RCA outputs. But when I am singing into the microphone, the singing voice is coming out with a delay. The Echo is turned down to zero using the remote control of the 205G USB player.
The cause is your AV connection. Instead of connecting audio directly from the 205G USB player to the receiver or speakers, you are connecting the AV output of the 205G USB player to the TV first using HDMI or RCA, and then taking the sound out from the TV to the receiver or audio system. Even the latest and greatest TVs in the world takes a split second to in-take the AV signal, process it, and then output the audio.
So, if your receiver or audio system takes in only the RCA input, connect the 205G USB RCA audio output (red and white RCA outputs) to the receiver or audio system directly. If your receiver or audio receiver takes in the HDMI input, connect the HDMI output of the 205G USB player first into the receiver and let the receiver split the video portion which you can then connect to the TV, and let the audio portion go out to the speakers.
If you are using the built-in speakers in the TV only, not a separate receiver or audio system, you can connect the HDMI or RCA output of the 205G USB player directly into the TV. But if you using a separate receiver or audio system with speakers that is not built-in to the TV, always go directly from the 205G USB player output to the receiver or audio system first.
Given an USB flash drive, USB hard drive, or SD card that is made by MCG Manager for CAVS 205G USB Karaoke Machine and works fine playing the songs, how do we make a copy of it to another USB flash drive, USB hard drive or SD card?
From henceforth, we call an USB flash drive, USB hard drive, or SD card as an external drive.
- Be sure that the new external drive is formatted FAT32.
- Connect both the old and new external drives to a PC.
- Copy all the files and folders in the old external drive to the new external drive.
- Start the MCG Manager program and select the new external drive as the TARGET. The songs inside the new external drive will appear in the right side window.
- Click on the Save button. The MCG Manager program will begin to reset song files in the new external drive.
- When done, the new external drive is ready for use with the CAVS 205G USB Karaoke Machine and can be disconnected from the PC.
CAVS Remote Controller
How to prevent battery draining in the CAVS PC remote controllers (for JB-199 mini, JB-199 mini pro)
CAVS Remote Controller (for JB-199 mini and JB-199 mini pro) is a Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz device that has a dual function of being a wireless mouse for the CAVS karaoke players. It means that the remote controller can be communicating with the karaoke player although no button is actually being pressed. This can lead to battery draining faster than expected.
To turn off the wireless mouse feature, press the red cursor button located below the circular button at the center. Confirm that a physical movement of the remote controller does not move the screen cursor of the karaoke player. Note that the turning off the cursor will not interfere with the normal use of the remote controller for selecting and playing songs.
To turn on the wireless mouse feature, press the red cursor button again.
Download instructions to setup a TP-Link router for E-Songbook:
https://cavsusa.com/data/TP-Link/TP link router instructions.pdf
This instruction shows how to input manually a songlist into E-Songbook which is not connected wirelessly to a karaoke player.
In any PC, make a songlist using the following format.
The first field is the index number followed by the pipe “|” sign.
The pipe “|” sign is inserted by typing Shift-\.
The second field is the title followed by another pipe “|” sign.
The third field is the artist name followed by Enter for the next line.
00001|AIN’T NOBODY’S BUSINESS|HANK WILLIAMS JR.
00002|COUNTRY CLUB|TRAVIS TRITT
00003|DANCY’S DREAM|RESTLESS HEART
00004|DRINKING CHAMPAGNE|GEORGE STRAIT
00005|DUMAS WALKER|KENTUCKY HEADHUNTERS, THE
00006|FOURTEEN MINUTES OLD|DOUG STONE
00007|GOOD TIMES|DAN SEALS
00008|HARD ROCK BOTTOM OF YOUR HEART|RANDY TRAVIS
Save the file as “master playlist.txt”, a text (txt) file. Be sure to select UTF-8 as the Encoding format.
Next connect the E-Songbook to the PC using a USB cable. The cable is most likely required to have a micro USB connector on one end for the E-Songbook and the regular USB connector on the other for the PC.You can also transfer the songlist using a micro SD card.
Next copy the “master playlist.txt” file from the PC into the following E-Songbook folder. This PC > Documents > 3D Customer Interface Client
After the file is copied, restart the E-Songbook software for the song list to appear.
Save the file as “cavsbook.txt”, a text (txt) file. Be sure to select UTF-8 as the Encoding format.
Next copy the file onto a micro SD card. Insert the SD card into the E-Songbook.
Start the E-Songbook software
Go to Settting
Press Update songlist from SD.
Go back to the Song Book, and you will see the songlist appear.
JB-199 (I or II)
How do I reset the mother board of JB-199 (I or II) after changing battery or after it has reloaded default settings?
As the JB-199 is booting, press DELETE to enter into CMOS Setup Utility. Make the following changes.
- Standard CMOS Features
- Drive A [None]
- Advanced BIOS Features
- First Boot Device [USB-CDROM]
- Integrated Peripherals
- AC97 Audio [Disabled]
- PC Health Status
- CPU Smart Fan Control [Disabled]
You are done. Please go to Save & Exit Setup on the right side and press Enter, y, Enter to return to boot up.
CAVS JB-199 (I or II) Jukebox program doesn’t starts automatically. Also it doesn’t starts when the “JB-199 Startup” icon is double clicked in the desktop.
Step 1. Check the “PCI Card” driver software.
Make a right click on “My Computer” icon, go to “Properties”. Then go to “Hardware” and “Device Manager”. In the “System devices”, check for the “EnvyLogic Easy Target WDM Driver V1.0” device.
If you cannot to find “EnvyLogic Easy Target WDM Driver V1.0” device and you don’t see any “Unknown Items”, go to Step 2 below.
Step 2. Take the JB-199 top cover off… and then pull out the PCI Card (See Step_2.JPG) and insert it back. You are making sure of the contacts on the PCI card to the main board. Now go back to Step 1.
You can also check if the “PCI Card” is installed correctly or not by running the PCI Card Test. Start the test and press on the “Read ADC” button and on the “Read DS2432” button. (See Step_3.JPG and Step_4.JPG). If the test program does not freeze and you see various information displayed in a window on the bottom, the PCI Card is installed correctly. If not, go back to “Step 1”.
JB-199 III Premier
E-Songbook receives the song list from the connected karaoke player. And if “My Server” in the karaoke player is empty (not loaded with a song list), E-Songbook will receive nothing and will show nothing under Title, Artist, or Index buttons.
Go to the Control Panel of the karaoke player. In the bottom left section, highlight “My Server”. The currently loaded song list will appear on the bottom right section. And because it is empty, the bottom right section will be empty.
Next in the bottom right section and click on the “Load” button to load a song list. Select a song list which is likely “Master Playlist” or “Master Library”.
After loading the song list, click on the X mark at the top right corner to close the karaoke program. Power down the karaoke player. Restart the player and the karaoke program will start with the “My Server” loaded. Test the E-Songbook for proper operation.
Above instruction is assuming that the E-Songbook is properly connected to the karaoke player via Wi-Fi.
Also if the song list you are loading into “My Server” is named other than “Master Playlist”, consider renaming the song list as “Master Playlist” and loading it as “Master Playlist” into “My Server”. This is because the karaoke program, when “My Server” is empty, is designed to automatically look for “Master Playlist” and load it into “My Server”.
When you see the message “JB-199 III Program has stopped working” or if the JB-199 III unit is stopping or crashing often, follow the instruction below to reset/refresh the player.
1. Close the JB-199 III karaoke program to the Desktop.
2. Go to Documents > JB199III > Utility, and double click on the Winrecovery.exe file to start the app.
3. At the pop-up window of the Winrecovery app, click on the button “JB-199 Premier Recovery”.
4. You will receive a message “Recovery: XX items, OK”. Click OK.
5. Next click on the button “Setting Registry Default” in the Winrecovery app. The button will gray out indicating done.
6. Click on the button “OK” at the upper left to exit out of Winrecovery app.
7. Next start the JB-199 III Premier program by double clicking on the karaoke program icon at the Desktop.
8. The JB-199 III Premier program will boot up to the full CAVS CDG/Lyrics screen with the message “Welcome to CAVS Sing Along”. Double click on the screen to reduce its size. The Control Panel will appear in the back.
9. Confirm that the JB-199 III Premier unit is connected to Internet. In the Control Panel, go to Help > Online Upgrade. Follow the screen instruction to upgrade the JB-199 III Premier program to the latest version.
If you do not have a direct Internet connection to the JB-199 III Premier unit, you will need to download the Upgrade patch into any Internet connected device and copy over the Upgrade patch to the JB-199 Premier unit using an external flash drive or hard drive.
Download the Upgrade patch from the link here JB-199Upgrade.zip. Unzip the downloaded file and copy the inside file “JB-199IIIUpgrade.exe” into the Desktop of the JB-199 III Premier unit. Double click on the file and follow the instruction to complete the upgrade.
10. After the upgrade, the program will automatically restart. Go to Tools > Setting in the Control Panel and check the options you wish. Note that the Winrecovery sets the program back to the factory default. Click OK when done in the Setting.
11. Go to the bottom left section of the Control Panel and highlight “My Server”. Go to the bottom right and press the “Load” button and open the “Master Playlist” or “Master Library” which is your latest playlist.
12. Next press the “X” mark at the top right in the Control Panel. It will close the JB-199 III Premier program. Restart the program and all the setting changes made since the Winrecovery will be automatically saved.
When installing or starting the MCG Manager program, you may receive the following error message:
“The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.”
To correct the error, please install the following set of Microsoft Visual C++ libraries.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable – x64 9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable – x86 9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable – 10.0.30319
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable – 10.0.30319
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64) – 12.0.30501
Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86) – 12.0.30501
You can download the libraries from this link: Microsoft Visual C++.zip
You can confirm the installation by going to Control Panel > Programs and features.
PlayCDG KJ Deluxe
In Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, users not designated the administrator can not access or write to the registry. Right click on the program icon after installation. Select Properties > Compatibility. Then check Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3), and place a check mark on Run as an administrator.
Press OK to close.
Now double click on the program icon to start. Follow the instruction to register the program using your email address and the System ID given to you from the first page of the program. Once successfully registered, the program will not ask you to register again.
PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT
When the program PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT which was fully activated or installed in your karaoke player has reverted to Demo mode, follow the steps below to recover the program to the full mode.
1. Connect your PC or laptop to the Internet.
2. Close and restart the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program.
3. The PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program will now begin in the full mode, without the Demo notice. If not, repeat the steps of closing and restarting the program.
4. Next the program will need to be reset once it is recovered to the full mode. In the Control Panel, go to Help > Online Upgrade. Follow the screen instruction to upgrade the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program to the latest version.
5. After the upgrade, the program will automatically restart. Go to Tools > Setting in the Control Panel and check the options you wish. Click OK when done.
6. Go to the bottom left section of the Control Panel and highlight “My Server”. Go to the bottom right and press the “Load” button. Open the “Master Playlist” or “Master Library” whichever is your latest playlist.
7. Next press the “X” mark at the top right in the Control Panel. It will close the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program. Restart the program and all the setting changes will be saved.
To transfer the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program from one computer to another, please follow the instruction below.
1. In the old computer, start the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program. In the Control Panel, go to Help > About. Take a screenshot of the popup window About WinPlayCDG. Email to email@example.com the screenshot.
2. From the old computer, copy the folders
Documents > PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT > Playlist
We are assuming that the D:\Karaoke Songs folder contains all your song files. If there are more, copy all folders containing the song files.
3. Upon receiving the screenshot, we will void the program license in your old computer. At the same time, we will send you new ID and Password and WinKeygen.exe program to activate the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program in your new computer.
4. In the new computer, install the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT demo program following the instruction given at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idBp2KkQ3pw
Use the Winkeygen.exe program and the new ID and Password to activate the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT demo program to the full mode.
5. Next connect the external memory device to your new computer and copy the folders of playlists and song files to exactly the same positions as they were in the old computer.
For example, the folder copied from the Documents > PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT > Playlist of the old computer will go to the Documents > PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT > Playlist of the new computer.
The folder copied from D:\Karaoke Songs of the old computer will go to D:\Karaoke Songs of the new computer.
Note that for the existing folders with same names in the new computer, you will need to delete/remove them prior to copying the folders from the external memory device.
6.Having installed and activated the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program and having copied the playlists and song files in the new computer, you are now ready to start using the new computer.
Start the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program. In the Control Panel, go to My Server and load the Master Playlist (or the playlist that was loaded before in the old computer). Try playing some songs in the playlist to check the success of the transfer.
When the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program goes into the demo mode, and regardless of the internet connection does not recover back to the full mode, one can try to reset the Windows Registry of the program as follows:
- Close the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program.
- At the Windows desktop, click on Start and type in “Regedit” followed by Enter into the Search Programs and Files field.
- You will be asked ” Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?”. Click “Yes”.
- A pop up window of Registry Editor will appear. Double click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Double click on “Software”. Right click on “CAVS Multimedia Inc.” Select “Delete”.
- You will be asked “Are you sure …” Click “Yes”.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Start the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT.
- You wll be asked “Do you want to allow …”. Click “Yes”.
- You will be next asked “Do you wish to recover your productkeyfor PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT?”. Click “Yes”.
- You will be asked “Please check your internet connection to update the online status.” Confirm that you computer has internet connection and click “OK”.
- The PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program will start. Click on the Help button at the top left corner and select Online Upgrade.
- Follow the instruction to upgrade to the latest version of the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program.
- Having recovered from the demo mode, you need to reset the program into your original setting. For the E-Songbooks and 3D Customer Interface, go to Tools > Setting at the top left corner and select your options. You should also load your song list, most likely the Master Playlist, into “My Server” that is found on the lower left section of the program sections. Once the program is back in its original setting, closed the program by pressing the X mark on the top right corner. All settinbgs will be remembered for future boot ups.