Windows Vista, like any new operating system, will have problems running some older versions of applications. This is especially true in Vista, considering all the changes. To configure the compatibility mode for an application:
- Right-click on the Icon for the program.
- Select Properties.
- A new window will show up that looks like:
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the "Run this program in compatibility mode" and choose to run the program in Windows XP(Service Pack 2) mode. **If you have a problem running the player in compatibility with XP try to run the player in compatibility with Windows 98.
- Check "Disable Visual themes"
- Check "Disable Desktop composition"
- Check "Run this program as an administrator"
**If "Run this program as an administrator" is grayed out UAC has been disabled in your PC which will not let our program run properly. UAC needs to be turned on.